ActivitiesWe hope to help adults connect to one another and build real friendships. One way to do that is through Activity Groups. An Activity Group is a gathering that connects people who share common interests and/or life stages. They meet monthly or less often to build relationships and have fun. Check out the groups below and drop an email to Pastor Nate to get more information:
SCAR CrewMark Adamson, Andy Warns and Allen Watkins lead our SCAR Crew with outdoor adventures that will stretch you physically. SCAR stands for Ski, Climb, And Ride. We will hit the slopes in the winter, climb mountains in the summer, ride the rapids in the spring and bike the hills in the fall. Send Mark an email to get on the group list and you will receive updates and info about the next challenge.
Mark Adamson: email@example.com
Bookies GroupCarole Cruson
Tuesdays, Monthly, 1:30 pm
We are a group of women who love to read and are part of Women Ministries. Our Goal is to encourage literacy, to promote fellowship, and to simulate spiritual reflection and discussion. We read outstanding authors, fiction and non-fiction, history and biography, mission and theology, and current and classics selections.
Click here for more info.
Covenant 4-WheelersCovenant 4-Wheelers is an informal group of members, attendees, and friends of Arvada Covenant Church who like to 4-wheel together. We primarily focus on fellowship: enjoying each other's company and building relationships through our common interest. We also worship God by meeting Him in His wonderful creation and praising Him for His mighty works, and we reach out by inviting along friends and neighbors, exposing them to the Christian life and to Arvada Covenant Church.
Click here for more info.
Mountain Sports GroupDavid House
Seasoned SinglesWe are a group of informally "organized", older Christian adult singles (or "IOOCAS" for short) who have a heart to gather periodically to have fun and get to know other Christian singles.
- Some of us may gather in small groups to visit and enjoy pot luck meals in each other's homes.
- Some of us may gather in larger groups to enjoy participating in group activities, which are organized by members of the group.
- "Membership" has no obligation beyond informally choosing to be an active participant in activities that are planned by the group.
- Those who volunteer to participate in planning the group activities (however that results) usually enjoy their participation in Seasoned Singles and invite their friends.
- Whether a small group or larger group, if there is no volunteer to organize an activity, there is no activity.
- Seasoned Singles Adults have no "bells and whistles", discounts or guarantees. We do have a heart to develop and share friendships with others wanting to do the same.
- Click here and can request more information about the groups' activities.
- Ask other singles at the church. "Seasoned Singles" is not an exclusive group or a formal ministry. We tend to be busy people in our daily lives, so we may not have thought to ask you.
- Don't wait to be invited. Come, join us and you will be warmly welcomed.
Women's Sewing Group
Lynn Poole and Leone Eha
4th Tuesdays, 1:00 pm in the lower lobby (The Hub)
No experience necessary, we'll teach you everything! Some work can be taken home too.
We make beautiful tied quilts (anyone could tie them) that go to Abused victims at Freedom House in Princeton, Illinois, which is a Covenant supported program to protect and counsel sexually abused people of all ages. They usually come to Freedom House with very few belongings. We also make lap quilts for wheelchair bound seniors at Covenant Village up off Wadsworth Blvd. These are used over and over and eventually have to be replace. They are really happy to get them.
Contact info: Lynn 303-940-6505